Summary of teachers’ meeting held on 5/16/2020:
1. Please make sure you update the logbook and test data. This would help to make sure that the final report card comes out right.
2. Please remind your class parents to register for next year’s Tamil class.
Tamil School registration link:
3. We will be having a virtual end of year celebration through google meet on May 31st. Please request your class parents to block between 1-5pm on that day. We will let them know the specific times for each class as we get closer.
4. I really appreciate all your time and effort in helping us keep our Tamil school going. I value each and everyone of you very much. Please let me know whether you will be returning as a teacher next year. Also, let me know if you would like to switch to a different grade.
5. We are still waiting for Wake county and CTA guidelines for holding classes in person for next year. We will have to be ready for any scenario. I welcome your feedback/suggestions for operating the classes in the best possible manner.
6. We are planning to work on our Tamil school yearbook during summer holidays. You can ask your kids to work on writing a poem or essay, drawing a painting, reciting Aathichudi or Thirukkural or making a video where they can talk about why they like Tamil school.
7. TCA would like us to send them some promotional videos for Tamil school. This year, we are planning to get some video testimonials from parents, teachers and kids. This will be just a 1-2min video and it will be posted on TCA’s private Facebook group. You can ask your class parents to contribute to the promotional videos.
We are happy to announce that the Accrediting Commission for Schools of Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC ACS) has approved the accreditation of all California Tamil Academy schools, including our TCA Tamil School.
TCANC Tamil School program satisfies WCPSS foreign language requirements for earning High School Credits for Tamil.
Please contact the Principal for details.
All teachers, including the Principal and the Vice Principal watched the teachers training video from the CTA site in April 2019.
For some teachers, it was a repeat viewing.
One suggestion was to have a follow-up face-to-face session among the teachers after they watched the video to help clarify some topics and answer any questions. This will be implemented next year.